If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (717) 665-1270

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

SERVPRO Helps Clean Up After Fire in Manheim

1/3/2019 (Permalink)

Fire Damage SERVPRO Helps Clean Up After Fire in Manheim This fire was caused by a grease fire.

Nobody ever plans for a fire, but when one does happen, SERVPRO is here to help!

This loss was caused by a grease fire in a kitchen. Now, our natural instinct would be to use water for any fire, but avoid this practice with grease fires! This will just make matters worse.

Grease fires are caused when the cooking oil gets to hot and catches on fire. If you should find yourself in this predicament, turn off the heat and do the following:

  • Cover with a metal lid, this will deprive the fire of oxygen it needs to burn. Do not use glass, it will shatter.
  • For small fires, use baking soda. 
  • If available, use a kitchen fire extinguisher.
  • If it becomes too much or out of control, get out of the house and call 911 immediately!

Safety is of utmost important. For any help with clean-up after, be sure to call SERVPRO!

Other News

View Recent Posts